Since the turn of the year I've been listening obsessively to The Flophouse. It's a podcast where three friends watch a bad movie and then talk about it. It is hilarious. If you're thinking along the lines of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" you're not far off.
The trio of friends: Elliot, Stuart, and Dan, have great chemistry and a tendency for comedy improv. Two of the hosts are also comedy writers, and use their knowledge of writing to rip the movies to shreds. It was a permanent fixture during our roadtrip through America.
My recommended episodes are:
- Episode #100 – Tango & Cash
- Episode #133 – Bullet to the Head
- Episode #174 – That Awkward Moment
- Episode #155 – Last Vegas
- Episode #153 – G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Episode #148 – Gangster Squad
- Episode #145 – R.I.P.D.
- Episode #126 – Playing for Keeps
- Episode #121 – The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
- Episode #58 – Twilight: New Moon
- Episode #40 – Friday the 13th